There’s nothing like a fresh green juice, bursting with the flavor of organic vegetables – and maybe a little fruit.
Here are some of my favorite things to juice – what are yours?
- Apples help protect your bones, prevent cancer, and even promote weight loss. A little bit of their natural sugar can help regulate your blood sugar.
- Beets are a juicy, delicious root with tasty greens. The root is rich in folates, potassium, B vitamins, iron, manganese, copper, and magnesium. The greens are full of vitamin C, carotenoids, and vitamin A. They help keep our mucus membranes and skin healthy, and boosts vision.
- Carrots are full of antioxidants which can help prevent cancer. And the beta-carotene in carrots is converted to vitamin A, protecting our eyes and skin.
- Ginger adds a spicy twist to your fresh juice while aiding digestion. Ginger also helps fight inflammation, colds and flu, and nausea.
- Kale is rich in antioxidants as well as vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, and manganese, plus Omega 3 fatty acids that help fight inflammation. And kale’s natural sulfur helps your body detox!
- Spinach is also rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, and manganese – plus vitamin E, beta-carotene, zinc and selenium. Spinach supports the immune system, vision, blood pressure, skin, the nervous system, and brain function.
Share your favorite juice — or smoothie — recipes in the comments. I’d love to try them!